Transport Manager / Supply Chain Manager, Dagenham
Applications are invited for a Transport Manager to work at our ReFood Dagenham site. This is a full time, permanent position.
As a Transport Manager your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
• Managing c.45 employees/drivers to achieve daily collections and deliver KPI’s.
• Managing the raw material supply chain – co-ordinating supplies with customers and internal personnel.
• Ensuring the efficient running of the Company’s collection services.
• Planning efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised and service levels maintained.
• Ensuring compliance with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle operations, health & safety and other legislation.
• Recruitment, management and development of drivers.
• Maintaining driver records and drivers hours in line with EU Road Haulage Legislation.
• Preparing vehicle KPI’s in line with ReFood requirements.
• Managing site compliance and general administrative duties.
For a full job description, please click here.
- Good formal education
- Transport operations qualifications (CPC National/International or equivalent)
- Previous experience in managing transport/supply chain operations
- Knowledge of the food waste recycling services
- Strong communication and leadership skills, an ability to balance conflicting demands
- Good knowledge of transport regulations
- Ability to work under pressure in an ever changing environment
- Good IT skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Committed, reliable and flexible team player
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Full UK Driving License
Competitive pay and benefits
Please apply in writing (copying your Manager) with your CV to HR Department, Ings Road, Doncaster, DN5 9TL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
13th January 2020