Technical Manager (Engineering) Widnes
Applications are invited for a Technical Manager (Engineering) based at our Widnes site. This is a full-time permanent position, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
As a Technical Manager (Engineering) your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
- Overall, to support Technical aspects at the AD Plant, leading site Engineering and Maintenance and to assist the Operations Manager with controlling and coordinating the safe and efficient operation of the site in accordance with health & safety and legislative requirements.
- The Technical Manager will organise and implement maintenance schedules as per manufacturer’s guidelines and liaise with the Operations Manager & Operations Supervisor regarding work planning, updates on maintenance schedules and progress.
- Monitoring of plant performance including collecting and analysing data in a lean manner to determine root causes of production losses and downtime to identify corrective and preventative measures to optimise plant performance.
- To implement and oversee the administration of the asset management systems and associated record keeping in addition to ensuring work is completed and closed out.
- Lead and assist where required on local engineering projects and project coordination of plant outages, ensuring robust delivery and completion of projects led.
- Ensure Risk Assessments and Safe Working Procedures are in place for Engineering and Maintenance activities.
- Take lead on key Health and Safety systems such as LOLER/PUWER/PSSR asset compliance and Safe Systems of Work for work on plant and apparatus.
- To ensure maintenance staff takes full responsibility for their work environment and that all tools are maintained and accounted for, maintaining critical spares, and ensuring replacement of parts are ordered as required at all times.
- Ensure that engineering work does not impact product safety or legality.
- To liaise with external contractors for planning site works and ensure control of contractor procedures are in place and adhered to when activities are taking place on site.
- Development and implementation of training and competency programmes for site staff.
- To provide management and assistance to engineering team and also support operations
- To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the ReFood Management Team.
For a full job description, please click here.
- HNC/HND in relevant Engineering or Science subject (or equivalent) and IOSH H&S Qualification.
- Experience in a solid engineering background, with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma knowledge. Process engineering knowledge is desirable.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Previous experience within a supervisory or management role, managing in a process engineering environment and management of PPM systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and IT skills - must be proficient with MS Office.
- Ability to make decisions to maximise team performance and be able to prioritise workload and deliver on time.
Competitive Pay and Benefits
Please apply in writing with your CV to HR Department, Ings Road, Doncaster, DN5 9TL or email email@example.com
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.
Closing Date – 10th June 2022