Applications are invited for 2 Operations Supervisors to safely operate ReFoods flagship Anaerobic Digestion energy facility in Doncaster and the new plant in Widnes (open 2014), at maximum efficiency and minimum environmental impact.
Each plant’s Operations Supervisor will be working as part of a small dedicated operational team working across the whole AD site. Reporting to the Operations Manager the post will include the day to day site supervision of inputs of feed stocks, material handling and processing, scheduled maintenance, cleanliness, and daily site sampling, testing, record keeping and reporting.
The post will be a permanent full time position (days) and may include weekends as and when required. The Operations Supervisor will also be placed on a call rota to deal with site alarms that occur out of hours.
Candidates should ideally have an operational/supervisory background in a factory or waste management environment and have a basis of understanding in either Biology or Biochemistry or experience involving biological processes.
The scope of work involves:
- Operational overview and control of the ReFood Anaerobic Digestion plant in accordance with the site IPPC permit
- Comply with Group and Site specific H&S policies and Codes of Practice, including the development and implementation of Risk Assessments, Safe Working Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate with, and support management, operators, engineering department, logistics and transport in areas of plant operations, maintenance and development
- Provide support to the Team in order to fulfil their duties and responsibilities
- Take a proactive approach to the resolution of process issues
- To take responsibility for the site in the absence of the site manager and to be included into the out of hours alarm response rota
This position carries Staff benefits and the Company offers a competitive rate of pay.
Please apply in writing with your CV to HR Department, Ings Road, Doncaster, DN5 9TL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – 23 October 2013