Maintenance Shift Fitter
An exciting opening has arisen for a suitably qualified Maintenance Shift Fitter to join the team at ReFood’s third state of the art Anaerobic Digestion and Cat 3 transfer station in Dagenham. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join an established and growing company, that is committed to helping conserve natural resources and protect the environment.
In return we will offer you the opportunity to develop your existing skillset by investing in your training and future development in order to progress you to the next level and fulfil your potential.
The ideal candidate will be a safety conscious individual with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
This is a full-time permanent position working 12-hours shifts on a 4 on 4 off basis (days and nights, including weekends).
As a Maintenance Shift Fitter your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
- Risk assessing all jobs before work begins.
- Undertaking planned preventative maintenance and lubrication schedule on plant assets such as: pumps, motors, gearboxes, and valves
- Completion of reactive tasks as per defect list, obtain readings from various on-site meters and completion of relevant check sheets.
- Assisting with contractor and third-party asset services and general housekeeping.
- Complete all logs and job sheets as required.
- Be expected to adhere to all Site and Saria Group Health and Safety Regulations and required to attend Health and Safety, Fire and Welfare Training both on and off site.
- To install and maintain equipment ensuring minimum interruptions to production.
- To assist in any other duties and ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Undertaking any other duties reasonably requested by the ReFood Management Team.
For a full job description, please click here.
- Hold a recognised apprenticeship.
- Hold a minimum CGLI or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineering experience (this would be advantageous if this was in the AD industry).
- Experienced in working with and applying isolations and isolation systems LOTO (Mechanical and Electrical).
- Dual Skilled mechanical/Electrical is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of Centrifugal, Lobe, Diaphragm, and screw pumps.
- Able to replace shafts seals and bearings, pipework, fittings, and couplings.
- Confident with valve replacements and basic pneumatics.
- Must be used to working at height.
- Basic IT Skills.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Have an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Be able to communicate well and professionally at all levels.
- Be able to work on your own or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Competitive Pay and Benefits
Please apply in writing with your CV to HR Department, Ings Road, Doncaster, DN5 9TL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.